Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oops, I did it again.

Back at it. Cleaning. Again.

After a slow start Wednesday morning, I managed to get Hannah and Ian's room Spring Cleaned, which I feel super-fantastic about. Yeah, I just said that. Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice? I have to admit though, I dread the start of each new day as I have to think about what the chore of the afternoon must be. Tomorrow I'm going to focus on the nursery, which should be an easy fix, and the rest of my efforts will be on the wash. I'm in the middle of switching out the children's clothing, too. The too-small-gently-used clothes go into bins for the next child in line or child to be, and the current season clothing goes into drawers. You know the drill.


For those that have followed me for some time, through my "5th bed obsession", here is the IKEA fold out bed, which we LOVE. It's comfy, and provides a THIRD bed in this room.

The lighting isn't too hot in this photograph, but here's a desk we put up for the kids, also from Ikea. What's cool about this find was the price - $20.00 for solid wood. The other cool thing is it is mounted into studs for good hold-up, and also folds down.

Here are Hannah and Ian's bunks.

And also more from Ikea. These shelves are also cheap and solid wood. Great for toys AND clothing storage.

And last, but certainly NOT least. This little one knows when to make a break for it. I found Olivia this way, screeching because her finger was stuck in a tic-tac pack. Mom on phone + toddler = TROUBLE.

Until Friday..... have a great one.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

I know you are feeling better after all that cleaning. Sure wish you could rub off on me...I still need to bring down my spring/summer clothes. I have finished everyone but me.

And that precious Olivia, she's a cutie-pie!

just jamie said...

It looks so good. Nicely done there Miss Misty. I love that Ikea desk. What a great find. I, too, did some cleaning today. You're infectious.

utmommy said...

Sounds and looks like you've been busy. I love the fold out bed. I might need to invest in some of those for company. We don't have a lot of extra sleeping rooms.

That little messy face, sure is cute!

Marie Rayner said...

What a sweetheart! I love your home. It looks so cosy and so welcoming and friendly. It looks like family . . .

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of your house! I love to have a visual of where someone lives, especially those far away from me. :) Thanks for sharing!
Oh, and the IKEA bed-I totally need one of those, b/c my girl has been making me lie on her floor each night at bedtime. Killer on the back!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Your rooms are all so bright and cheery! I love it! WE NEED AN IKEA!!!! Good for you, getting all of this cleaning done! I need too! REALLY NEED TO! But have not desire what so ever to do it!!!

Lara Neves said...

So what is that on her face? Lipstick? Tic Tacs? She's still adorable no matter what she's into.

And...I hate to be so self promoting, but if you know ANYONE at all that would be willing to vote for my photo before tomorrow (Fri) at 5 pm our time PLEASE tell them to go do it. PLEASE!

Thanks!!! And Loves!!!

Laski said...

I cleaned!!! I really, really did. It won't last long, but who cares. I cleaned!!!

Great pics--love the "bed"--great idea!!!

What IS on Olivia's little angel face???

I'm supposed to be going to bed. . . I'm sitting here . . . leaving comments. I hope I'm not addicted!!!

Don Mills Diva said...

Great pictures and your daughter is adorable!

Lei said...

IKEA is about to make a load off of me! We are in need of some serious organization in the new house.