Friday, June 13, 2008

You asked.

This is what I could come up for today. The questions have been a blast. I'll answer the rest soon.

Are you ready for this?

With which animal do you most identify?
A horse. I'm not kidding. And not because I like to eat like one. I used to ride horses summers. I loved the feeling of riding free, the wind in my hair. I loved the speed, the slight danger, the strength of the animal.

Where would you like to vacation (pretend money is no object)?
The beach. Not Maine, sorry friends. I would love to vacation on the beach, where the water is warm. I love to play in the sand, find shells, swim. I think my children would adore the time spent there as well.

If you could only give a five word or less description of yourself, what would it be?
Strong willed
Funny
Loyal
Honest
Loving


When was your last girlfriend lunch?
I think it was last week. Maybe the week before. Some weeks I get out once or twice, some weeks not at all. I'd come to another, if that's an invite.... (wink)

Where were you born?
Okinawa, Japan

What were you like in high school?
I would like to think that I was well-liked. I can't remember that I had many enemies, except the occasional girl that hated me because I was crushing on the same guy she was. I was best friends with my brother, he is 13 months younger, a grade behind me. I mainly was best friends with boys.... friends, crushes, pals, buddies..... all kind of mixed into one. I loved, and still do love my guys. I farted off in most classes. School was mainly fun to me, the social part of my existence, because my parents kept me locked up all the time. I skipped class from time to time. I smoked, don't anymore. I hated, and still do the taste of booze. Weed was my drug of choice, haven't touched the stuff in over 10 years. I was cute, thin, athletic, and was a flirt. I was a fun kid. I was guarded, because I couldn't share much about my family, but I loved the people I grew up with. It was a lot of fun for me.
I hated math and science. I was in musicals, choir, and the band. I played the clarinet. I played basketball for a year or two, and that's about it. I think.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love movies. I love to watch tv... mainly crime dramas. I love to shop, but don't a whole lot because money doesn't grow on trees. I love my girlfriends. I love to talk to on the phone. I blog. I organize. Those kinds of things, I suppose.

12 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

You were born in Japan? Really? That surprises me for some reason....

This was very interesting Misty, I enjoyed it. I also love horses for all the same reasons you list.

:-)

Thompson family said...

I had no idea you were born in Japan...how come I never knew this? I guess I didn't ask the right questions! Maybe your next lunch should be at my place...the kids would love it!

Lara Neves said...

Very interesting post! What a great idea...I'm sorry I missed the question period, but maybe I'll still come up with something. :)

Lindsey said...

Wow! Japan. Very cool fact. I would go to the beach as well. Too bad we can't go to lunch:)

Klin said...

Fun post. Good idea about going to lunch. I'll have to email ya and set up a time to meet.

Pokeyann said...

O.K., new question, please expound on the whole born in Japan thing. As everyone else has said, SERIOUSLY?!, never knew, guess we should be better questioners, hehe. And thanks for being such an awesome friend, I really appreciate how much you "get" me, :) *hugs*.

Brenda said...

Hi, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the birthday wishes!
Good to meet you.
God bless,
Brenda

Amy said...

Okay, so am I supposed to turn around and post the same questions on my blog? Can I? Can I? I wanna play! I LOVE learning about you. And by the way...(bragging) I actually knew you were born in Japan!! But I loved learning about you in high school. You definitely sound like someone I would have been friends with... minus the weed... I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Were you a 'military brat'?

I had many more guy friends than girl friends in high school as well. Guys are just so cut and dry, very little drama, and fun!

I played the clarinet as well!!! :)

utmommy said...

Fun post!

I've been thinking about doing a question/answer post for my 500th. I can't believe I'm almost there.

just jamie said...

I don't think you'd like our beach. The water is cold all.the.time. I've been in our ocean about 4 times in 8 years. But I do love going and watching it.

I missed the q & a part. How about:

If you and your family were portrayed by actors, who would you like them to be?

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your answers Misty. I smoked a lot of weed in highschool too, which I am not proud of now. I never liked alchohol and like you my time at school was fun as it was my only time to socialize. With my mom working I had to get home right after school and keep the home fires burning. That's why I chose to be a Stay at Home Mom. I didn't want to steal my children's childhood.