Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Like something up your nose?


Ladies, the question of the night is this: What do you think all 4 of these things have in common?
They all have some thing to do with OLIVIA. Last week she crammed a pop corn kernel up her nose. After several attempts to remove the popcorn kernel, it "disappeared", or so said Olivia.

It had, indeed NOT disappeared. This piece of crap of kernel had been lodged in Olivia's nose the entire time, and after noticing the popcorn again in Miss Livvy's nose, I decided to take matters into my own hands, again, but this time enlisting my husband as nurse. Partner in crime, rather.

Have no fear should this happen to you, because THIS is what you do. Mix one cup of warm water with one 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and grab your booger sucker. Be prepared for disaster. The first attempt I made to remove the lodged kernel ended in a vomiting Olivia. This time I said a little prayer, and Andrew held Olivia tightly on the stool. Basically you shoot water up the nostril that is NOT clogged. The force of the water should help remove the stuck object. Water up one side, out the other. This time it worked. And below, here we have the little treasure. And I am keeping it. Forever. What a nightmare.

And my last tip of the day is this: If you need to sleep "just a little more" in the morning, let your child dress you up in princess attire, while you doze. This REALLY works, and as you can tell, I was thrilled.

15 comments:

Lei said...

Rofl! Not about the kernel (eee gads) but the dress up! This morning I wanted to sleep in too, only to wake up to my 3 year old picking my nose! Lovely.

Thompson family said...

Misty! You look so HOT in that picture! :) I'm glad you got that lovely kernal out of Olivia's nose. Poor girl!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ You crack me up! Yay for getting that kernal out!

Marie Rayner said...

hahaha You do a tired heart good on this gloomy rainy morning! I just adore the "princess" photo! I once stuck the stem end from an orange up my nose. I think I was about 4 at the time. I can still remember the trauma that I went through while everyone tried to get it out. It's right up there with the swallowing the peach pit/terror of having a peach tree grow in my stomach experience! Ahh the joys of childhood, oh and motherhood too! Wouldn't trade it for anything!XXOO

Heather said...

I stuck one of those red pegs from the battleship game up my nose. I remember yelling that they were hurting my poor little head as my grandma held me while my mom tried to get it out. My older brother and sister got in trouble for leaving the game down where I could get it. =D

Lara Neves said...

Ewww! Glad you got that out, though! I've been lucky in that department so far, but knowing Sophie she will most definitely try it eventually. :) Glad I know what to do now.

And, I wish I looked as good in the morning as you do. :)

Pokeyann said...

It was still there?! Holy Cow! Well I'm glad you finally got it out, guess unless you actually see it, don't assume it's gone, right. And you make a great princess!

Mandi said...

Oh Misty, I was tramatised by this post - (not really, I will explain), when my sister and I visited my sister and law and brother (Jennifer H) one year all her kids were sick. One night she brought out the bugger sucker - we absolutely freaked out, we had never seen such a thing (we dont have them in Australia, well we have them but no one uses them for bugger sucking), so we watched in horror as she sucked out all the kids buggers and then they all went off to sleep and everything was wonderful. My sister and went to bed and talked about it for ages, we were in shock - strange I know but interesting..........

So glad it worked and you were able to get it out.

Have a wonderful weekend princess........xxx

utmommy said...

Well, aren't you just a beautiful princess!

Klin said...

You are a pretty princess. Popcorn kernels and things in noses. I am so grateful there are things my children spared me. We had other things for fun. Like multiple visits to the E.R.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Uh oh! Glad you got the kernel out and you make a very pretty princess!

:-)

Laski said...

You are so adorable!!! You remind me of RJTrue!!! That face . . . LOVE it!

And that kernel. Makes me nervous. J's obsessed with his nose (and his nether regions--ugh!).

just jamie said...

I never would have known about that salt water trick. Good job Mama! And, you make a lovely princess. Hee hee.

Lindsey said...

Oh what fun! *sarcasm*

Glad it came out. Ick!

Misty, you make one seriously cute princess:)

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! OMGoodness... I was in a panic tonight as my 2yr. old stuck a popcorn kernel up her nose and I couldn't get it out for anything!! She's my 4th child and NEVER has this happened before--- guess only the most creative genuis babies decided kernels are for noses! ;) Your trick worked PERFECTLY the first time around... after many failed attempts of trying every other trick in the book. I appreciate you taking the time to post this!