Saturday, July 5, 2008

Coming to an end.

There is nothing like a quiet house, with my children asleep, to make me stop and think about what I need to do differently in the up coming days, weeks, maybe even months.

I'm scaling back. I have had to find twenty "extra" hours in my week for my work from home position, which I may add, there is no such thing. "Extra hours" ? You've got to be kidding me! I have to let some things go, in order to keep other things done, and I've decided to let blogging slide to the bottom of the pile. I need to read less, comment less, and every time I open my google reader, I feel myself start to sigh. There just isn't the time.

And realistically, working again, planning another pregnancy, trying to maintain a household, raising my children in a way they deserve - there just isn't the time in my day to do it all.

And. I've run out of things to say. Can't beat a dead horse, and I'm sure it's not interesting reading about one either. The most meaningful connections I have made here is when blogging has lead to a one on one - taken out of internet land - friendship. THAT is what I need. It's time for me to focus on what I can get out of life, that is tangible. I need to move past the computer screen.

That's not to say I won't post. Maybe a lot, maybe less. I have no idea. Blogging with no strings attached. That, to me, sounds like a great plan. I think more then anything I'll read less, and put my efforts into the more solid connections I've made. That is what my heart needs, that's what I search for. More love in my life. Less time spent on fruitless endeavors. I want the real, the solid, the touch-able, and meaningful relationships in my life to grow - putting time and effort in to those things, not into the latter.

Take it or leave it, I guess you could say. I'm finding it just may be too hard to explain.

This is where to reach me ~ abnmln@gmail.com

10 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I know how you feel Misty. Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day and I don't even had children to take care of. I can only imagine how hectic it gets for someone who has. I'll be glad to read whatever words you decide to share with us whenever you decide to share them. In the meantime may God Bless you and keep you safe and happy.

Mary said...

I hope you find the balance you are looking for Misty. We'll be here for you when you do feel like posting :)
I've always enjoyed reading your blog.
Take care and be well :)

Klin said...

Know how you feel. We are getting ready to move, had our girls in the Stadium of Fire, and still working full time. Ugh. I use blogger in draft and schedule posts since I really only have time on Sunday. Hope to catch a few posts here and there.

I read your others. Just no time to comment much.

We still need to do lunch. Maybe when kiddos are back in school.

Christo Gonzales said...

OK I guess living in NYC and the fact that people I know 'could' work at oprah created a trap that I fell in...it is funny in all sense of the word since my friend is this quirky little self proclaimed 'jewish girl'

Mandi said...

Misty, I am so grateful that I found you and we connected!!! I understand what you are going through, I find it hard to find time to do the whole blogging thing too and often I think what I post is so boring people will be falling asleep reading it, I am grateful to have met you and grateful we have communicated outside this blog world. I will contact you soon and catch up.

Take care of you and yours!!!

Luv M.......xxxxxxxxxx

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Blogging with no strings attached has been very liberating for me. I think you'll like it! Of course, there is still the phone....

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding your balance. I wish you all the best. I will check back to see when you do post. Please don't be a stranger! I know we are several states away, but I connected with you a bit, and I really love your writing, and I'd love to remain blogger-friends? Okay, do I sound like a stalker now??

Lynell said...

I get you! We all have so much on our plates and life is stressful!! I keep having to remind myself that I blog because I want to, not because I have to. Somedays I open my reader and there are hundreds of new post it can make me want to cry.

I am right behind you! Now go and build those relationships that will make a difference in your life.

Laski said...

That is how it should be . . . blogging without obligation. I so understand where you are coming from.

I'm glad you are moving forward with forging new friendships. I'm trying. It is so difficult where I live, but I am making an effort.

Please keep me posted!

Lindsey said...

Girl, I am with you. I feel like I am doing a mediocre (at best) job at EVERYTHING! I feel guilty when I open up my Google Reader.....balance....where is it?
Let me know if you find it.