Monday, July 7, 2008

Ian's Mutterings.

Our 4th of July was lovely. Truly it was. My love-for-setting-things-on-fire was interrupted when Hannah got some thing in her eye. I had to rinse her eye out for some time, and missed the fireworks display trying to get her to bed.

Ian stayed outside to lay on a blanket with one of my very best friends, and his comments went a little like this:

Auntie Lisa. Did you know that some times when I am trying to fall asleep at night I hear a pack of wild dogs running down the street?

The first comment that came into my head was: Is that so?

We have also explained to the the children that some fireworks are illegal and should be not be lite off because of the dangers involved. Ian had a comment about THAT as well.


Auntie Lisa.... (as he could see in the sky that some one was firing off illegal fireworks)... I think the people that light off those fireworks don't love Jesus.

My thoughts on that comment?: Um, if you say so, kid.

Now, onto this era of trying to figure out where I fit into blog-sphere. This is what I have figured out, being torn between not wanting to miss out, and making sure I have time for other important things in my life:

A. I need to focus on forging friendships that reach beyond the computer screen. Why? I simply need to. I need to learn to trust more. I need to learn that it is alright to lean on the people that I love. Trust in them so that I can share more of myself, and realize that it is OK to do that. I feel more safe, writing my feelings, then actually talking about them. I need to trust more in the human race.

B. I'm down sizing. Reading less. I was reading about 30 blogs, now I'm only going to read about 15. Putting in the time for those that I feel like my connection has reached beyond blogging alone.

A little of this, a little of that. I think I just might get the hang of this.

I have started my THIRD twenty hour work week. And, it's going alright. Not to mention I got my FIRST paycheck today. My house is clean. I am miserably behind on the laundry. I did start dinner early, though, and there are still a slew of things I need to get to through out this week. Like planning Hannah's baptism, and a meal for the FOURTY plus people that will be attending. I need to call in reinforcements. Care to join me?




13 comments:

Klin said...

It is easier the more you tell you your story. Your kids are lucky to have you for a mom.

Let's keep in touch, whatever you decide.

Lara Neves said...

Ian is a crack up!

Okay, I totally want to get together, but I'm leaving Wednesday night. So..either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning ish. I'm sorry I haven't let you know sooner...with the holiday, things have been crazed.

I hear you on the blog reading. I'm trying to down size, too. But it's hard. :)

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh Misty, I wish I lived closer. Then I could help you with the buffet for Hannah's baptism. Nothing would give me more pleasure. As for the rest . . . you have to do what you have to do, what is right for you and for your family. I have a lot of blogs that I read as well, but I don't read them all every day. I have a shedule and I read each one about once or twice a week and play catch up. That way I don't miss out on all my favourite people, of which you are one. I feel a special kinship with you for various reasons, so you are an every day read, or an as often as you write read. :-) XXOO
PS-laundry is something that never goes away no matter how old you get or how far the kids may move away from home. I wish someone would invent self cleaning, self ironing clothing!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Ian cracks me up! I hear you on the blog thing. I'm having a hard time keeping up too especially with moving and all that jazz. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I love his comments! That is so funny!
If I lived a few thousand miles closer, I'd be happy to help you prepare for your big dinner.

Amy said...

Your house is clean and you are working 20 hours a week? Seriously, that is awesome.

I hope you are enjoying your summer.

Ice Cream said...

baptisms always make me feel older. Pablo's coming Aug baptism will be the second in my little family. I'm getting SO old. =)

Ashley said...

It is so hard to keep it all together. We have to just keep going. I downsized my blog reading a while ago, and it has helped bunches. I also don't post as often. A lot of the blogs on my bloglines are ones that talk about things I am interested in. Right now it is redoing some of my furniture. Hoping I will actually get around to doing it.

utmommy said...

Good luck with work!

Laski said...

"A little of this, a little of that. I think I just might get the hang of this." Sounds like the perfect plan!

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean! Its so hard to get out there in the world and really...really talk to people. I think I have become lazy since I have been a stay at home mom about face to face discussions or phone conversations even. Its like I had become anti social. Now that I work like 40 hours a week, I am talking to people more, seeing that there are really caring and genuine people out there...its inspiring to know that there is more to life than what is beyond these 4 walls of my house.

And congrats on your paycheck! I love the feeling of getting paid too...but then...reality hits and it goes to bills anyway. Haha!

Talk to you soon.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Good luck with the Baptism & entertaining! Kudos to Hannah on her decision to be baptized.

I downsized my blog reading awhile back. I don't make it around nearly as frequently, and I've learned that it's ok. The people who are interested in what I have to say keep coming back, even when I visit less frequently.

just jamie said...

Good plan on the blogging downsizing plan. It's hard. I, too, feel those feelings. I want to keep up on everyone, but then get overwhelmed when I'm super behind on reading (like right now).

I hope you're finding what you need in the friendship world beyond the computer screen. Wish we could hang out in real life...outside with the kids, laughing, watching, observing.