Monday, September 15, 2008

Protect Our Children!

It's time to get on the wagon, ladies and gents - - GO HERE!

Can't say I have time to sit and watch Oprah often, but since I'm sick and pregnant, I did today, because this one caught my eye.

As a victim of sexual abuse, I cannot express how important Senate Bill 1738 is. This bill will provide the funding for the correct officials to go after the millions of sexual predators that allude us.

My abuser, I knew. Most likely, your child would, too. Help keep your children safe and help push this through.

Teach your children about "stranger danger" but don't forget almost all of these "strangers" are family members, teachers, coaches, and family friends. Teach your children about "good touch, bad touch". Be involved, be aware, and be on top of what is going on in your child's life. I can't be reminded enough.

Take the time, get involved. I just did.

10 comments:

Lara Neves said...

thank you for the heads up!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ It's so true. Sometimes I feel like I'm beyond parinoid but then... Can you ever been too careful?

Klin said...

Great shout out.

Hope the sickies pass soon- but yay for being pregnant.

Anonymous said...

{this is me} holding your puke bucket with love.

Great post...its so overwhelming and it makes it hard to let me babes outside our house.

Karla said...

Thanks for sharing this - and BTW, I've been away from my computer a lot lately, so CONGRATS on your preganancy. Just remember how worth it this all is!!!!

just jamie said...

I'm going, love.

4funboys said...

my mom told me about this too... I hope everyone is getting on board to help these kids.

I teach 1st grade... it's AMAZING how many "at risk" kids I have that need more services because someone in thier short little lives has hurt them!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! We do all need to be involved!!!
Hope you are feeling better, Mommy! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Misty,

First, I haven't read blogs for a while and I haven't posted in even longer. Just not finding the free time, but I do like to look in on you from time to time - so here I am and I just wanted ya to know that I think of you, hope you have a happy healthy baby (and I hope you feel better too!)

Second, I DID write to both of m representatives here in California and they both REPLIED! They voted for this bill and I PRAY that is passed!!

Take care of yourself and your lovely family!

Best,
Trish
-Just Jamie's Mom

T. said...

Oh darn,

Henry was logged into my computer to comment on Cheri's Birthday blog so it looks like the comment above is from just jamie's little brother. Hee hee. It's just me tho.

Take care!
Trish