Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh Baby.


So.

Friends.

Do I have a treat for you.

Make this soup tonight. I made it yesterday. We ate the whole pot. It's a guaranteed kid pleaser, and takes - like - less then one hour to make. And let me tell you...... SO delicious.

I have - to date - taken - I think - 8 pregnancy tests. I swear I will no take any more. I simply cannot believe this good fortune, especially now that I have gotten a dark pink line! I had the good news minus all the waiting and angst. Minus the planning and scheduled baby sex. It was easy. And a gift from God to me. Trying to get pregnant with Olivia created serious problems for me. I'll spare you the details, but my history of abuse brought up feelings I could barely handle, and it took about a year and a 1/2 to recover. This time around, I've stayed in my "happy place", not letting my mind wander to things from the past, feeling determined to get through this bout of fertility drama - - and I got my most prized wish anyhow. Some one UP THERE is looking out for me. Disaster diverted. HUGE time.

In the next breath. I worry so much about getting pregnant, and now I worry so much about BEING pregnant. What happens if some thing goes wrong? What happens if I have a miscarriage? What happens if this wonderful gift gets taken away? What if those tests were wrong? I am a whopping 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant. As the weeks pass, I think I'll settle down. I hope.

Stop it already right? Believe me, I'm TRYING.

Let's you and me just go make more of that great soup. That'll fix it!

14 comments:

Pokeyann said...

Love the easy recipe! I'll try it soon. And ya go ahead and stop thinking about pink elephants, I dare you to stop. Somethings just have to be done, worrying about fertility and pregnancy is just one of them. No good trying to "relax and don't think about it" because, hello it's impossible, ask the pink elephants. It just comes with the territory. Maybe it's preparation for all the worry that we do with our kids, you know, once they are here. I do try to not worry about the kids I do not have though, you have to draw the line somewhere, lol. But those babies in heaven, sometimes they sneak into my worry thoughts, lol. And no matter what the journey has for you, I'm here for you the whole way! And again, Yay, Yay, Yay for "easy" preggos this time!

RJTrue said...

I'll be praying for you ... just wanted you to know. Mucho love.

Acacia said...

Aw, Man! I just used the last of my potatoes for dinner the other day! The recipe looks so good I can taste it as I read! Looks like I'll be headed to the store tonight!
So glad and happy for you and this baby! Ya done good!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks delish! YUMMY. Try not to worry, Love. I know that is easy for me to say, but I am sure everything will be a-ok!

Lara Neves said...

that does look incredibly yummiola. And don't worry, you're so normal...I don't know anyone who doesn't worry about every little thing while pregnant! I know I do!

Anonymous said...

I love potato soup. But if my husband found me cheating on his potato soup with this one, I would be in hot water. He makes the best soup ever.

Marie Rayner said...

That soup looks delicious Misty!! I know exactly how you are feeling. So very blessed and yet at the same time afraid to hold the blessing close to your heart for fear it will go away. almost as if it's too good to be true. (((hugs))) I am so happy for you and I pray right along with you each day that it all works out just wonderfully.

Marie Rayner said...

PS. I think there is a secret place inside each one of us that loves to tell us we don't really deserve the blessings we receive. Don't listen to that voice. We all know where it comes from. You deserve this blessing Misty. XXOO

I have a good life said...

Congratulations! You are so blessed and you deserve it. And...worrying is normal. :)

Amy said...

At 16 weeks pregnant, I am still expecting disaster, as you know. But I have told myself that the most important thing for me to know is that my faith in God will not be affected if it goes wrong, and that I will give Him ALL the praise if it goes right. I love you!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

You deserve this Misty, that's why it's come to you! I firmly believe that, enjoy the happiness and let God take care of the rest.

:-)

Lindsey said...

I really can't wait to test out this yummy recipe. Delish. Thanks for sharing!

So how excited am I for you....SUPER EXCITED!

I'll be praying for you and your family. God Bless You!

TUTU Monkey said...

Yum yum yum!!!!!!!

This soup looks wonderful!!

Sending lots of pryaers your way and a ((hug))

Cecily R said...

Congratulations Misty!! That is really exciting!